A double deep racking layout involves back to back rows of 2 deep selective rack. Each pick slot now has a front and a back pallet.
To access the back pallet, requires a deep reach attachment on the lift truck.
- Doubles the density of racking between the aisles.
- Provides double the storage space per SKU to accommodate faster movers.
- Deep reach attachment is less expensive than alternative of purchasing swing reach trucks, and going to VNA single selective layout
- Flexibility – reach trucks equipped with deep reach attachment can still fulfill all other reach truck functions.
Advantages (Over Single Selective Racking):
- Floor space savings of 30%
- Storage capacity increases of 40%